Saturday, September 13, 2008

iPhone

Well, of my 3 taks I'm gonna start off with the 3rd one. Bullshit. Let me talk about one of the biggest pieces of bullshit I've dealt with in the last year or so.

The iPhone.

Did you hear the choir of angels? Because that's supposedly what you are supposed to hear any time you mention an Apple product. You know, 'cause they were sent by God almighty himself to bless us.

Ok....Let me take a step back. As you can tell I have some problems with Apple, but I want to talk about this product in as even and as fair of a form as I can.

The Good:

Its neat as hell. I can use it as one of the best MP3 players on the market. It has a very easy to use interface. The last phone I had I only discovered it had MP3 player abilities when I was returning it (to get the iPhone actually). Most phones have all their functions buried so deep in a million layers of menus that you will never see them. The iPhone doesn't have that problem at all. I figured out almost everything about it in a day or two.

That's really the one thing that the iPhone does incredibly well. Access. Anything that you want to do (*and can do) is easy to do on the iPhone. Texting is a breeze. The visual voicemail is wicked cool. The contacts list is great.

All in all if it was just about this it would be the best purchase I ever made.

But it isn't, and its not.

The Bad:

Just because you have the access doesn't mean what you are accessing is worth a damn, however. Aside from the MP3 player, most of the functions on the phone have a lot of problems. Voicemail and text messages show up a day after I get them. Texting doesn't allow MMS (seriously wtf was apple thinking with this one). Phone calls are.....

Let me take a second to say that if it wasn't for how terrible the phone itself is I would love the iPhone. Dropped calls, terrible reception, and oh yeah, they shaped it like a bar of fucking soap. Good call there.

Anyways....there's a cool looking movie on. adios

No comments: